Sunday 1 November 2009

Absence

Chestnuts and mushrooms - both wild.
It's been over a year since I last added to this blog.

2009 has been difficult due to deaths and serious illnesses in the family and with close friends.

Still, I have managed to complete my time on the PAC committee and have spent most of the year making jams, chutneys and using everything from my extensive vegetable and fruit garden.

This was mostly down to the acquisition of an extremely large Freezer from a generous client who was selling his shop and had an ice cream freezer just for me - the stickers are still on the side.

It has meant though, that I have been able to freeze all sorts of things - except fish! No trout fishing at all this year, even when we went to Scotland in September, but the foraging has been good.

Franc and I have had mushrooms almost at any time we wanted. We've picked wild plums, blackberries, hips, sloes, crabapples, chantrelles, ceps, field mushrooms, oyster mushrooms and sweet chestnuts, to name only a few.
This month, I'm going fishing!